Wednesday, October 11, 2006

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong: 10/11

I hate losing. I get pissed when I lose. But I don't try to KILL someone when I lose.

Lawrence Phillips, 31, doesn't handle defeat as well as I do, however.

This former NFL and Collegiate running back was playing a pickup football game with some teenagers. His team was down, so he lost his cool and decided to quit the game.

At that point, Mr. Phillips could have just hopped in his ride, and went on home. But Lawrence decided to keep it real.

So he hopped in his whip, and drove "at a high rate of speed" at the guys still playing football on the field, and HIT three kids (aged 14, 15, and 19) narrowly missing four others.

His trial was basically an open-and-shut case, and after an hour, the jury found Lawrence guilty of seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon. Mr. Phillps is now facing 20 years in prison.

Just another episode, of when keeping it real, goes wrong.

P.S. How much do you have to fall off to be losing to some kids in backyard football when you've played professionally???

Mars, Bitches,
OSharif